Welcome!

Hey, I'm Skylar, a kid aspiring to become a competent programmer. This blog is here to detail my dabbles in development.

My dream is to one day become a professional programmer and do some game development in my spare time.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope you'll come back!

Pages

New Great Book =D

Well I'm now reading a book called Game Coding Complete. It's about 900 pages or so, and I love it. Lately I haven't really gotten anything tangible done, so I haven't been posting =/. I have been writing down a lot of different ideas to implement AI in Charge, but theres a few kinks I can't seem to get around. There's a chapter on AI on Game Coding Complete, and I still have about half of Programming Game AI By Example to read, so I'm hoping between those, I'll find some intelligent solutions.


I've also been talking with my partner about our framework, and once we finish all the cores, we're going to extend it to make it more of an engine to power the games we create. We're going to follow the engine structure set forth in Game Coding Complete. I must say it seems to be a very flexible way to set up an engine.

Well that's it for now, I'm out.

1 Response to "New Great Book =D"

  1. I have that book, too. Though I generally hear unfavorable reviews for it.

Post a Comment